PRINCE2 ® Foundation in English
After attending PRINCE2 Foundation training course you can utilize this project work framework in your own projects either as a project manager or as a member of a project team.
The Prince2® course provides participants with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 project methodology (v. 2017) including the seven principles, seven themes, seven processes and three techniques central to running a project using the PRINCE2 method. This course prepares you to participate to a voluntary Prince2 Foundation certification exam, too.
Tieturi is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO), ACCREDITED BY PEOPLECERT ON BEHALF OF AXELOS. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Project managers, consultants and support staff needing a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project lifecycle along with the key management documents that should be created during each stage of a project when using Prince2 project management method.
Since this is a compressed, fast-moving training course, it is required that you familiarize yourself with the material that is sent before the training or that you have the experience of using Prince2 in project management. It is recommended that you book 1-2 hours before the training for going through the Prince2 guidebook, which is sent to you beforehand.
Getting Prince2 Foundation Certification does not require project work experience, but having project work experience is recommended so that you can better adopt the lessons of the training course.
Contents of PRINCE2 ® Foundation in English
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2 method
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the project plan
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2 method
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the techniques
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
- Prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto Practitioner Level
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the Project
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well-managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results
Prince2 Foundation certification exam
- 60 multiple choice questions
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- Duration: 60 minutes + extra 15 min for non-native English participants
- Closed book, no outside information sources are allowed (including e.g., dictionary, Google Translate or Prince2 Manual)
- Sample exams are available in Axelos website.
The Prince2 Foundation certification test is voluntary. If you wish to take it, the exam fee 350 € + vat is added to your training fee.
The certification test is after the 2nd training day, starting approx. at 16.15 - 17.30. You can also take the certification test online at your computer at the time best suitable to you.
This training is run by an officially accredited trainer using an officially accredited training material, based on the latest Prince2 2017 version. The material and optional certification tests are in English. The training course is run in English or in Finnish - see the flag next to the training date. See the description of Prince2 Foundation training in Finnish here.
Tieturi is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO), ACCREDITED BY PEOPLECERT ON BEHALF OF AXELOS. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved