Comptia Server + (SK0-005)
This 5-day course is intended for those wishing to qualify with CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-005 The CompTIA Server+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and manage server hardware and operating systems (OSs) by implementing proper security controls, successfully troubleshooting common server problems, and demonstrating an understanding of key disaster recovery concepts.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Server+ (Exam SK0-005) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of server management. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your sysadmin skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any entry-level server administration role. On course completion, you will be able to achieve the following:
- Understand server administration concepts.
- Understand virtualization and cloud computing.
- Understand physical and network security concepts.
- Manage physical inventory and assets.
- Manage server hardware.
- Configure storage management.
- Install and configure an OS.
- Troubleshoot OS, application, and network configurations.
- Maintain and manage servers post-installation.
- Manage data security.
- Manage service and data availability.
- Decommission servers.
- To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic IT skills comprising 18 months to two years' experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification, or the equivalent knowledge, is strongly recommended, but is not required.
Lesson 1 - Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Understand Troubleshooting Methods
- Manage Licenses
Lesson 2 – Understanding Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- Understand Virtualisation Concepts
- Understand Cloud Concepts
- Understand On-Premises Versus Cloud Deployments
Lesson 3 - Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
- Understand Physical Security Concepts
- Understand Network Security Concepts
Lesson 4 – Managing Physical Assets
- Understand Asset Management Concepts
- Manage Documentation
Lesson 5 – Managing Server Hardware
- Manage the Physical Server
- Administer the Server and Storage
- Troubleshoot Server Hardware
Lesson 6 - Configuring Storage Management
- Manage Storage
- Troubleshoot Storage
Lesson 7 – Installing and Configuring an Operating System
- Install an Operating System
- Configure Storage
- Configure Network Settings
- Use Scripts to Configure Servers
Lesson 8 - Troubleshooting Operating Systems, Application, and Network Configurations
- Troubleshoot an OS and Applications
- Troubleshoot Network Configurations
Lesson 9 - Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
- Understand Secure Administration Practices
- Manage Server Functions
- Configure Server Hardening
Lesson 10 – Managing Data Security
- Understand Data Security Concepts
- Manage Data Security
- Troubleshoot Data Security
Lesson 11 – Managing Service and Data Availability
- Manage Data Backup and Restore
- Manage High Availability
- Manage Disaster Recovery
Lesson 12 – Decommissioning Servers
- Decommission Servers