ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
With increasing pressure to produce better results with less resources, leadership and management capabilities are more important than ever. This programme develops the knowledge, skills and behaviours which are needed by highly effective people managers.
Programme duration approx 7 months, consisting of 3 days classroom training, 2 days for guided learning and assignment feedback.
This workshops are highly participative, using facilitated discussion, presentations, case studies and group work. The workshops promote reflective review, and encourage delegates to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace. Delegates are supported with an action learning based coaching session and will complete two work-based learning assignments, which are assessed and verified by the ILM in order to achieve their accreditation.
This course is designed for first line and junior managers who are seeking an industry recognised qualification or for experienced supervisors and team leaders wishing to improve their skills for their next management role.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the leaders role of embedding vision, mission and values into the every-day operations
- Recognise the need for common sense of purpose
- Communicate effectively using a range of communication styles
- Understand the importance of team motivation
- Define the role of the leader in supporting and developing others
- Identify workplace problems and take a structured approach to implementing the best solution
- Define the meaning of vision, mission and values
- Explore employee engagement and alignment with organisational strategy
- Examine a range of motivational theories
- Identify a range of leadership styles that will promote the growth of individuals and team
- Identify a range of tools for an effective workplace coach
- Develop the skills to effectively identify workplace problems
- Discover methods to generate suitable options
- Address techniques for analysing options
- Identify methods of evaluation and review