ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
Those in middle to senior management roles face a multitude of challenges on a day-to-day basis whilst being accountable for driving motivation and achieving goals throughout their teams and the organisation. This programme focuses on how to drive organisational performance through people by using effective leadership behaviours and innovation and change management techniques within the workplace.
Programme duration approx 7 months, consisting of 4 days classroom training, 2 days for guided learning and assignment feedback.
The workshops are highly participative, using facilitated discussion, presentations, case studies and group work. The workshops promote reflective review, and encourage delegates to find opportunities to apply the learning in the workplace. Delegates will be supported with and action learning based coaching day and will complete two work-based learning assignments, which are assessed and verified by the ILM in order to achieve their accreditation.
This course is designed for middle managers (managers of managers) wishing to develop their leadership skills who are seeking an industry recognised qualification or for experienced first line managers about to make the transition into middle management.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and assess the appropriateness of the prevailing leadership styles in your organisation
- Examine the impact of leadership styles on organisational climate and culture
- Promote visionary leadership to support organisational growth
- Understand the importance of motivation in achieving organisational objectives
- Describe the importance of innovation and change
- Apply knowledge gained to implement an innovative solution in your own organisation
- Address power and influencing strategies
- Explore the role and attributes of the visionary leader
- Provide tools to assess team and organisational culture
- Offer the opportunity to apply a range of emotionally intelligent leadership styles
- Address the three levels of employee engagement
- Identify best practice guiding principles for innovation and change management
- Provide tools to analyse opportunities for innovation and change
- Address techniques generating and analysing suitable courses of action
- Enable the creation and implementation of a SMART change management plan