Influencing and Persuading
“The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and to influence their actions.”
John Hancock – American Politician
Influencing is a crucial element of being a great communicator.
You already possess innate influencing skills, a lot of which is done unconsciously. To be a really great influencer these skills can be enhanced by moving them to your conscious mind and developing them.
How you put your case across and how you’re perceived can have a large bearing on the outcome.
People often ask us:
- How can I be more persuasive?
- How do I get it right first time?
- How do I help people understand ‘what’s in it for them’?
- How do I put myself into ‘other people’s shoes’?
- How can I deal with resistance?
This interactive, fun and practical workshop will provide you with insights in to how others prefer to be influenced – helping you to get them to say ‘yes’!
This course is aimed at people who are wanting to be more influential with their peers, direct reports, customers, stakeholders and managers. In fact anyone who needs to influence and persuade.
If you want your ideas and suggestions to be adopted, can we persuade you to join us?
- Adapt your behaviour to achieve a win-win
- Put yourself in ‘someone else’s shoes’
- Lay the groundwork to your influencing
- Use persuasion to get the outcome you need
- Respond positively when met with resistance
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.
Influence, persuasion, manipulation or coercion?
Power and influencing
Push and pull influencing
Why people say ‘yes’
Influencing practice scenario
Obstacles and winning behaviours
Handling resistance when influencing