Mastering SharePoint Online Fundamentals
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required as an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint Online. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover and understand what SharePoint is and how to access it from a browser or from Office.
You will learn how to use SharePoint to collaborate within a team, organise and manage documents, events, tasks and other items. You will use the tools provided to search for information and people, find documents and open them from Microsoft Office applications and Office Online.
This course is designed for users who are new or have basic skills with SharePoint. Although users will be given an insight into SharePoint the equivalent of a SharePoint Site member, they will be shown how to create certain objects to appreciate how they work.
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required as an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint to understand and use SharePoint in Office 365/Microsoft 365.
The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover and understand:
- What SharePoint is and how it fits into Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365
- Key benefits of SharePoint
- What is a SharePoint Site and what is the difference between a Team Site and Communication Site
- SharePoint Document Libraries and Microsoft Lists
- SharePoint Document features including versioning, metadata and co-authoring
- SharePoint Pages, News, Events, Spaces
- Extended SharePoint functionality via apps
- SharePoint permissions and sharing with people inside and outside the organisation
- Microsoft Search to discover information within SharePoint and across Microsoft 365
This course is designed for users who are new to, or have basic skills with, SharePoint and want to understand SharePoint and be able to use SharePoint.
If you want to learn Site Administration to create, configure and manage sites you should look at the Mastering SharePoint Site Administration - QASPOSA course.
- Understand SharePoint and how SharePoint can help you, your team and your organisation in a collaborative working environment
- Understand SharePoint and relationships to other Office 365/Microsoft 365 products including Microsoft Teams
- Understand Sites and differences between Communication and Team sites
- Understand Site components including:
- Work with documents inside SharePoint including metadata and co-authoring
- SharePoint sharing inside and outside the organisation
- Search and discovery of content within SharePoint and Office 365
- SharePoint site settings and next steps
- A basic understanding of Windows 10 or higher.
- Experience using Microsoft Edge or equivalent browser.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365/Microsoft 365 is recommended, including logging in and navigating around Office 365/Microsoft 365.
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Dual monitor setup is required when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere or Virtual Classroom delivery methods.
Before you book, check that you meet the Cisco WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings and ensure that you have passed all pre-course tests. If you have any questions, contact our Virtual team. Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
Please note that due to the dynamic nature of Office 365/Microsoft 365 some content may change without notice
Module 1: What is SharePoint?
- Understanding Office 365 – Optional
- Office 365 vs Microsoft 365
- SharePoint Start Page
- SharePoint Myths and Misunderstandings
- Isn’t SharePoint just a part of Microsoft Teams?
- Key Benefits of SharePoint
- SharePoint – continual updates
Module 2: Understanding SharePoint Sites
- SharePoint Sites Overview
- SharePoint Site Branding
- Understanding SharePoint Site Types
- SharePoint Team Sites
- Understanding Microsoft 365 Groups
- SharePoint Communication Sites
Module 3: Understanding SharePoint Site Components
- Understanding SharePoint Pages
- Understanding Site Navigation
- Understanding SharePoint Spaces
- Understanding SharePoint Site Contents
- Understanding Site Functionality
Module 4: SharePoint Security – Because Sharing is Caring
- Sharing Communication Sites
- Sharing Team Sites
- Sharing Folders and Files
Module 5: Where’s my Stuff? Finding Things in SharePoint
- Microsoft Search Predictive Results
- Search Results Page Features
- Bing Integration
- Advanced Searches – KQL
Module 6: SharePoint Site Settings