Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
The course will cover general cloud computing concepts as well as general cloud computing models and services such as Public, Private and Hybrid cloud and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
It will also cover some core Azure services and solutions, as well as key Azure pillar services concerning security, privacy, compliance and trust. It will finally cover pricing and support services available with Azure.
Audience ProfileThis course is suitable for IT personnel who are just beginning to work with Azure. This audience wants to learn about our offerings and get hands-on experience with the product. This course primarily uses the Azure portal and command line interface to create resources and does not require scripting skills. Students in this course will gain confidence to take other role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator. This course combines lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. This course will also help prepare someone for the AZ-900 exam.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Familiarity with cloud computing is helpful, but isn't necessary.
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud benefits
- Cloud service types
- Describe cloud computing.
- Describe the benefits of using cloud services.
- Describe cloud service types.
- Core Azure architectural components
- Azure compute and networking services
- Azure storage services
- Azure identity, access, and security
- Lab : Explore the Microsoft Learn sandbox
- Lab : Create an Azure resource
- Lab : Create an Azure virtual machine
- Lab : Configure network access
- Lab : Create a storage blob
- Describe the core architectural components of Azure.
- Describe Azure compute and networking services.
- Describe Azure storage services.
- Describe Azure identity, access, and security.
- Cost management in Azure
- Features and tools in Azure for governance and compliance
- Feature and tools for managing and deploying Azure resources
- Monitoring tools in Azure
- Lab : Configure a resource lock
- Lab : Compare workload costs using the Total Cost of Ownership calculator
- Lab : Estimate workload costs using the Pricing calculator
- Describe cost management in Azure.
- Describe features and tools in Azure for governance and compliance.
- Describe features and tools for managing and deploying Azure resources.
- Describe monitoring tools in Azure.