Microsoft PowerPoint Essentials
Microsoft PowerPoint provides a wealth of tools to help you deliver content in almost any situation. By taking advantage of the tools that PowerPoint has to offer you will be able to create presentations that not only stand out from the crowd, but also don’t take up all of your time to create.
By the end of the course you will be able to organise your content, create presentations quickly and with minimum fuss, enhance them with high impact visuals, and deliver dynamic presentations.
This course is suitable for anyone using PowerPoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 or 365. If you’re attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on PowerPoint 2016.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the PowerPoint interface and common terminology
- Create basic presentations using text, bullet points and speaker notes
- Incorporate graphical elements such as images and shapes
- Work with tables and charts
- Setup and run slide shows and use PowerPoint’s Presenter View
- Delegates do not need to have any experience of using PowerPoint, but experience of working in Microsoft Word would be beneficial.
- Attendees must be comfortable opening, closing and saving files, and be able to navigate through files and folders. Delegates should also be familiar with the cut, copy and paste commands.
- This course is suitable for anyone using PowerPoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 or 365. If you’re attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on PowerPoint 2016.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
Module 1: Introducing PowerPoint
- The PowerPoint environment
- PowerPoint terminology
- Viewing modes
- Navigating a presentation
Module 2: Creating a basic presentation
- Working with slides
- Using bullets
- Speaker notes
- Managing slides
Module 3: Working with images
- Inserting images
- Controlling and manipulating images
- Adjusting pictures
Module 4: Working with shapes and objects
- Basic drawing tools
- Formatting shapes
- Managing objects
Module 5: Tables and charts
- Working with tables
- Presenting data using charts
Module 6: Delivering a presentation
- Running a slide show
- Controlling the slide show
- Slide handouts