PRINCE2(R) 7 Foundation and Practitioner
According to PeopleCert, PRINCE2 is “the world’s most practised and recognised project management method and provides the essentials for managing any project of any size or complexity.”.
On this highly engaging and interactive course you’ll be introduced to the five connected elements of PRINCE2 - project context, practices, processes, principles with people at its centre. Reflecting the changing face of project management, this new version of PRINCE2 includes essential concepts such as sustainability, data management, commercial management and most importantly people management.
The 5-day course is divided into a 3-day Foundation event and 2-day Practitioner. We help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning games and practice exam questions.
What Can PRINCE2 Do for You?
Project managers who have recognised skills and experience can find exciting, highly visible opportunities in a wide range of fields. This exam-focused course is designed to provide you with proven, practical, knowledge and skills that are essential for the effective management of projects. The skills and knowledge you gain will help you avoid costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
Specific benefits of PRINCE2 include:
- Better communication – its widespread use and understanding, provides a common project vocabulary for all those involved
- Clearly defined responsibilities – all involved in the project understand each other's roles and there is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority, and communication
- Adaptable to business and project needs – PRINCE2 can be tailored to all types of projects to help satisfy organization or industry-specific requirements.
- Best practice – the method is widely recognised as the de-facto method for initiating and delivering projects
To complement your training, the course fee includes:
- Pre-course Learning: Ensuring that you come to your course fully prepared, a list of bite-sized activities will help you create an effective study plan and familiarise yourself with the PRINCE2 method. The full list of activities may take up to 5 hours to complete, helping you get the most from the course and have the best chance of exam success.
- PRINCE2 manual: All learners receive a digital copy of 'Managing Successful Projects With PRINCE2 v7' which forms the core text for the method.
- Learner workbooks: The workbooks contain the exercises that will ensure that your course is interactive, collaborative and builds a comprehensive understanding of the PRINCE2 method and how it can be best applied.
- Practice Exam Papers: Each day, you will have the opportunity to practise official sample questions which consolidate your learning and prepare you effectively for each exam.
Although there are no pre-requisites for the PRINCE2 Foundation certification, the Practitioner Level certification is suitable for those who are actually managing projects, either as part of a formal project management function or a role in which project management is an essential part of day-to-day work.
Successful attainment of the Foundation certificate (or a PeopleCert selected alternative project management qualification) is a mandatory requirement before a candidate is allowed to attempt the Practitioner Level exam.
It’s your responsibility to ensure you meet the above requirements. If you are ineligible, you may want to consider the Foundation-level qualification only.
The course fully explains each integrated element of the PRINCE2 framework.
- Project context – The application of each PRINCE2 element must be fit for the project it is being applied to, including its size, strategic importance, industry sector etc.
- Principles – Seven guiding obligations underpin the management of a PRINCE2 project, and if these are not applied, it is not a PRINCE2 project.
- People – People are central to a PRINCE2 project, including those who are working on the project and those who may be impacted by it. You will understand the needs, capability, motivation, and interrelationships of each stakeholder, helping you to manage them effectively.
- Practices – The seven project management practices must be applied consistently throughout the project and these practices form the core of PRINCE2. The course covers why each practice is necessary and how it should be applied.
- Processes – The PRINCE2 lifecycle consists of seven lifecycle processes which detail the responsibilities and activities that should be undertaken from a project’s conception through to its final closure.
Using a fictional case-study throughout to help illustrate the integrated elements of PRINCE2, detailed content for the course includes:
- Organizational context
- Commercial context
- Delivery methods
- Project scale
- Features and benefits of PRINCE2
- Ensure continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Define roles, responsibilities, relationships
- Manage by exception
- Manage by stages
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit project
- Leading successful change
- Leading successful teams
- Putting people central to the method
- Business case
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
PeopleCert exams take place remotely via PeopleCert Online Proctoring. You will be required to download and install ExamShield and conduct a hardware compatibility test prior to sitting the exam. Full details of each of the five steps that describe the IT requirements and exam conditions (including an explanatory video) can be found on the PeopleCert website.
You may choose to sit your exams at a time that meets your convenience and level of readiness. If you decide to take your exam as soon as possible, please ensure that it is arranged no earlier than when your course has finished for that day - 17.30pm (day 3 for Foundation and day 5 for Practitioner).
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 60
- Pass mark: 60%
- Closed book – use of PRINCE2 textbook or additional study aids are not permitted
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Number of Questions: 70 (scenario based)
- Pass mark: 60%
- Use of official PRINCE2 textbook: Yes
We guarantee exam success on your publicly scheduled course or your money back with our enhanced PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course exam insurance.
QA PRINCE2 Exam Insurance means you will be able to come on the same public course at a later date to resit your exam. If you fail the same exam three times, we will refund your course fee. You must request your exam re-sit within 90 days of completion of your course.
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved