SAFe for Teams with SP Certification
A SAFe 6 Practitioner (SP) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) team member responsible for using Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP) in a SAFe environment. Key areas of responsibility include planning Program Increments and Iterations, breaking requirements into stories, developing incrementally with built-in quality, demonstrating value at a team and program level, and problem-solving impediments to drive relentless improvement.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Practitioner (SP).
Establishing Team Agility for Agile Release Trains according to SAFe, version 6.
Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 6 Practitioner (SP). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
You will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, you’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
SAFe® and Scaled Agile Framework® are registered marks of Scaled Agile, Inc
This SAFe for Teams training course is targeted to following professionals:
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
- All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for launch
After this course, you are able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan Iterations
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SAFe for Teams with SP Certification - Course content
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
SAFe Practitioner (SP) certification examination
- This training prepares you for SAFe® 6 Practitioner Exam
- You must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
- You take the exam using your own computer any time within 30 days of the training, only internet access is needed.
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 6 Practitioner course
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
- Language: English
- see SAFe SP sample questions
Attendees who pass the SAFe Practitioner exam will receive:
- A SAFe Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe 6 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- A SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
The training material is in English. The training is run by using official material provided by Scaled Agile, Inc.
Course days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:30, breakfast available from 8:15 forwards.
You might be interested in these courses: