SAFe Lean Portfolio Management with LPM Certification
In this two-day workshop style course, attendees gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to Implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas Tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state.
Participants also explore methods to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiative for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insight on how to establish Value Stream Lean Budget and Budget Guardrails and measure the lean portfolio performance.
CEO, CTO, program or Project Manager Release Train Engineer, Agile Coaches, SAFe program Consultant, Portfolio manager, Consultants
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your learning plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Certificate
- SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio manager, which includes the access to the community of practice LPM
- A SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
For more information about the exam and benefits of becoming a certified SAFe professional, click here: more details for exam
All are welcome to attend the course, Regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PM / PO Course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
Content of SAFe Lean Portfolio Management
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the Portfolio to Enterprise Strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (COPs)
- Coordinate Value Stream
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for implementation LPM