Scrum Master I (SM I)
Scrum master training is a 2-day workshop that introduces the concepts of agile using Scrum mindset. The training prepares you to take the internationally recognized Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification test.
Scrum is an iterative and incremental thinking framework for developing and maintaining complex products in rapidly changing environments. At scrum, the development team delivers high-quality functionality by the end of each sprint, creating the agility needed to respond to rapidly changing demands. The scrum framework challenges its user all the time to focus on continuous improvement, and its sprints create the stability needed to deliver results in an environment where needs change all the time.
These features have led scrum to become the world's most popular agile software production framework - and its use is constantly being expanded to new areas outside of IT.
This training is based on an exercise running through both training days where Scrum masters lead Scrum Teams from idea through backlogs and events to a product.
The course is suitable for individuals who want to become a Scrum Master or who are members of scrum teams. Training provides information about scrum to managers, testers, developers, project managers and team leaders - as well as anyone else interested in Scrum.
After the course you know the Scrum framework so that you can guide its usage in practical work. In the class you learn the tasks and responsibilities of a Scrum Master so that you can start your work as a Scrum Master.
Knowing scrum foundations is a prerequisite. So study the Scrum Guide carefully before the course. You can have achieved the necessary knowledge also with work experience.
For learning scrum foundations, we offer Scrum Master I course participants an opportunity to participate in our Scrum Foundations course at a significantly reduced price (350 eur vs. normal price 890 eur). To take advantage of this offer, mention "SM Participation" in the additional information field when registering to Scrum Foundations course.
Content of scrum master training
- Scrum Theory
- Cross-functional Team and Timeboxes
- Scrum Values
- Scrum Flow
- Agile Manifesto
Scrum Team and Artefacts
- Accountabilities of Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Developers
- Product Goal and Product Backlog
- Increment and Definition of Done
- Refining the Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning, Sprint Goal and Sprint Backlog
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- True leader that serves
- Facilitating, teaching, mentoring, and coaching
- Techniques for facilitating group decision making
- Services to developers, product owners and organizations
- Techniques to resolve challenges
- Development practices and technical debt
- Supporting the Product Owner
- Design change of the organizations and organizational impediments
- Scaling Scrum and Agile
- Course material and online test are in English. The training is run in English or in Finnish according to the information next to the date of the training.
Scrum Master Certification
- The course price includes an online test in English for the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification. You take the test from your own computer at a time of your choice.
- Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification test:
- 80 multiple-choice questions in English
- Time: 60 minutes
- Pass mark: 85% correct answers
- When you successfully complete the online test, you will be listed as Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) on Scrum.org and you receive a digital certificate at Credly.
- The Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certificate does not expire and there is no annual fee.
Scrum Master training package
If you are an experienced Scrum master without a certification, you can simultaneously buy both Scrum Master I and Scrum Master II training courses at a reduced price of 2745 eur + vat (normally 3180 eur + vat). To take advantage of this offer, mention "Scrum Master combined" in the additional information field of the enrollment form.
- Olisi pitänyt käydä aikaisemmin 🙂 Täyttä tavaraa.
- Hyvä koulutus! Paljon hyviä simullaatioita. Hyvä balanssi teorian ja harjoitusten kanssa.
- Vakuuttavan kokemuksen omaava kouluttaja!
- Erinomainen sisältö, ryhmätehtävät hyödyllisiä.
- Kouluttaja oli asiantunteva ja selitti asiat hyvin, osasi vastata hyvin kysymyksiin.
- Luppoaikaa ei ollut ja kurssi oli varsin hyvä.
- Erittäin mukava vetäjä ja hyvä sisältö, kiitos.
- Kattava, erittäin hyvin ja selkeästi selitetty.
- Kiva, kun on asiantunteva ja pätevä kouluttaja.
- Kiitos – innostava ja asiantuntemusta lisäävä koulutus. Erinomainen opetus.
- Hyvä, intensiivinen koulutus.