IPMA C Certification Preparation Training in English
You are well prepared for the IPMA C certification exam by taking this course, as this training is based on the content and structure of the Individual Competence Baseline 4.0 (ICB) - which is the basis for the IPMA C written exam. In this training you go through ICB 4.0 section by section. Thus you deepen your project planning and execution skills as a project manager.
If you are in charge of large projects, it is important that you have the right methods and processes in place to have proper control of your work. But how to stay focused if you manage wide range of topics. The International Project Management Association (IPMA) has designed IPMA C Level certification so that you can demonstrate that you have the skills needed for advanced project management.
The IPMA C certification tests are organized by the Project Management Association of Finland (PRY). Getting IPMA C certified requires that you pass both a written exam and a workshop successfully. Because the IPMA certification process is rather expensive, it makes sense to prepare for it by participating on a certification training.
Project management professionals, that have experience of project planning, project execution and related methods - and want to prove these skills through the internationally recognized IPMA C level certificate. Project Management Association Finland (PRY), which is the organizer of the test events, specifies the IPMA C certification requirements (e.g., required relevant work experience) in their web-page.
By attending this training you will be well prepared for IPMA C certification test. If your goal is to develop your project management skills (not certifying yourself), we recommend Project Planning and Execution training.
Participants are recommended to get acquainted with the IPMA C level testing requirements and the related application. This material includes the National Competence Baseline, the Project experience form and the self-assessment form. The application form as well as the more detailed application guidance can be found at the Project Management Association of Finland web-page, www.pry.fi. The course participants must have prior experience of working as a project manager.
Content of IPMA C training
The training is based on the content of IPMA's Individual Competence Baseline 4.0 (ICB 4.0), which is the basis for the written exam. Between training and discussion sections test questions simulating the real written exam are used as a practice.
Introduction to IPMA C certification
- Presenting IPMA C certification
- IPMA C certification assessment (exam & workshop)
- Requirements for the certification
- Assessment process, application documents, exam, evaluation of the exam
ICB 4.0 Standard (Individual Competence Baseline)
- Introduction to the Standard and the concept of Competence
- Framework and Competence/Competence Elements
- Competence Elements (CE) and their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Exam questions and preparation exercises related to each CE
Competence area: Perspective - according to ICB 4.0
External factors start, advance, support and manage every project, program, and portfolio. People, organization and communities demand additional and different things. It is seldom that a project or program could be carried out in a vacuum - they are influenced by their organization, community and political circumstances.
This section contains 5 competence elements:
- Governance, structure and processes
- Compliance, standards and regulations
- Power and interests
- Culture and values
Competence area: People – according to ICB 4.0
This competence area describes the personal and social competencies that a person working in a project, program, or portfolio management needs to succeed.
This section contains 10 competence elements:
- Self-reflection and self-management
- Personal integrity and reliability
- Personal communication
- Relationships and engagement
- Conflicts and crises
- Results orientation
Competence area: Practice – according to ICB 4.0
All the influences and demands of the implementation environment are combined when an organization starts a new project, program, or portfolio. An individual working on a project, program, or portfolio must consider all of these.
This section contains 13 competence elements:
- Project design
- Requirements and Objectives
- Organisation and information
- Plan and control
- Risks and Opportunities
- Change and transformation
Project Business - Online Training Package
- To help you in further developing your project skills and preparing for the certification test, we will give you access to our project work training package for 2 months after this training course.
- This is a comprehensive self-study package that covers all the stages of a project.
- Each of the six themes in the training package consists of several different videos. Their names clearly indicate the content, so you can easily choose the topics that are relevant to you.
The training days start at 9.00 am, and end approx. 4.00 - 4.30 pm. Breakfast available 8.15 - 9.00 am.
The certification test is organized by an independent third party (PRY). The certification test is not included in the training, each participant has to apply him/herself at www.pry.fi.
Saattaisit olla kiinnostunut myös näistä koulutuksista: