ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation Level Extension (inc examination voucher)
The certification for Foundation Level Extension - Agile Tester course is designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so. The course provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required Agile activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
The course is aimed at four main groups of professionals:
- Professionals who have achieved in-depth testing experience in traditional methods and would like to get an Agile Tester Certificate.
- Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession, have received the Foundation Level certificate, and would like to know more about the tester's role in an Agile environment.
- Professionals who are relatively new to testing and are required to implement test approaches, methods and techniques in their day to day job in Agile projects.
- Professionals who are experienced in their role (including unit testing) and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in Agile projects.
These professionals include people who are in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers.
The course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing in the Agile world, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- The different agile approaches
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Testing in Agile Projects
- Roles and skills of a tester in Agile Projects
- Agile testing techniques and methods
- Assess product quality risks within an Agile project
- Estimate testing effort based on iteration content and quality risks
- Tools in Agile Projects
Successful completion of the BCS ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing is a prerequisite to taking this course.
Understand the fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- How the various agile approaches differ and understanding the concepts of the Agile Manifesto
- How the tester needs to adapt in the agile process for maximum effectiveness.
- Apply the various aspects relating to agile, such as: Writing and reviewing User Stories, Working in a continuous integrated environment and Performing agile retrospectives to improve the process
Apply the fundamental Agile testing principles, practices and processes
- How testing differs when working in an agile lifecycle compared to a more traditional lifecycle
- How to work in a highly collaborative and integrated environment.
- How independent testing can be used within an agile project
- How to report progress and the quality of the product to business stakeholders
- Understand the role and skills of a tester within an agile team
Know the key testing methods, techniques and tools to use within an Agile project
- Understand Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Driven Development (ADD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and the concepts of the Test Pyramid.
- Execute exploratory testing within an agile project
- Recognise the various tools available to the tester for the various agile activities
- Perform the role of a tester within a Scrum team: Perform test estimation and assess product quality risks within an agile project, Interpret the information produced during an agile project to support test activities, Write ADD test cases, Write test cases for both functional and non-functional user stories
The ISTQB exam is now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course
The ISTQB® Agile Testing exam is a 1 hour (and extra 15 minutes is given to people who do not have English as their first language), 40 question multiple-choice exam with the pass mark being 65%.
Delegates must hold the ISTQB® Foundation certificate in software testing in order to sit this exam.