ITIL® 4 Foundation eLearning
Opiskele itsenäisesti ITIL® 4 Foundation -tason sertifiointia varten tällä akkreditoidulla Good e-Learning-onlinekurssilla!
This accredited ITIL® 4 Foundation course offers an excellent introduction to the new framework and comes with an exam voucher included. Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of ITIL 4, including new features like the ITIL Service Value System (SVS). Students who successfully pass the ITIL 4 Foundation exam will be prepared to move on to the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) or ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) modules.
Formerly known as the 'Information Technology Infrastructure Library', ITIL 4 is a world-class framework for managing and optimizing IT services. This course was designed not only to prepare you to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation exam on your first attempt, but also to give you a solid understanding of the purpose and benefits of the ITIL framework. Kickstart your path to becoming an ITIL Expert today!
- The course addresses all the updates that came with ITIL 4, including the ITIL Service Value System (SVS)
- ITIL 4 offers a wholly modernized look at IT service management
- The course fully-prepares students to sit and pass the ITIL 4 Foundation exam on the first attempt
- The course was created with input from leading ITIL subject matter experts, including trainers, authors, and consultants
- The course offers a practice exam simulator as well as regular knowledge checks to help students prepare for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam
- We offer each student a FREE exam voucher
- This course is fully accredited by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS
Key features of this course:
- Accredited by PeopleCert
- 14+ hours of course material
- 97% average first time pass rate
- FREE exam voucher
- Instant 6 months access
- Exam simulator & revision modules
- Expert tutor support
- Offline learning
- Fully mobile compatible
- Anyone looking to start working towards becoming a fully certified ITIL 4 Expert
- Organizations intending to start adopting ITIL 4 best practices
- ITSM team members or managers who require an understanding of the ITIL framework
- Professionals hoping to pursue careers in IT management with a globally-recognized qualification
What will you learn by taking this course?
- How the ITIL best practice framework is used to boost the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of IT-powered products and services
- An overview of the tools, methodologies, purpose, and components of ITIL 4, including the ITIL Service Lifecycle and the Service Value System
- The key concepts and value of ITSM both to IT product and service providers and their customers
- How ITIL’s guiding principles can help organizations adopt and adapt service management best practices
- The activities of the Service Value Chain, and how they interconnect
- The purpose and key terms of 18 ITIL practices, along with the seven essential practices
- How to become an ITIL 4 Expert by understanding the new certification path, including the streams for ITIL Managing Professional (MP) and ITIL Strategic Leader (SL)
- How to incorporate ITIL 4 with other leading frameworks, such as Lean, DevOps, and Agile
- Everything needed to pass the official ITIL 4 Foundation exam
Course content of ITIL4 Foundation eLearning
An Introduction to the ITIL 4 Framework
This introductory module gives a complete overview of the ITIL 4 Framework, the evolution of ITIL 4 and best practices, and an introduction to the ITIL 4 certification structure.
Module 1: The Key Concepts of Service Management
This module will introduce you to the key concepts and terminology of ITIL. The concepts are relevant for all services and service relationships, regardless of their nature and underpinning technology. The concepts include:
- The nature of value and value co-creation
- Organizations, service providers, service consumers and other stakeholders
- Products and services
- Service relationships
- Value: outcomes, costs and risks
Module 2: The Guiding Principles
‘Guiding principles’ are recommendations which can guide organizations in any given circumstance, regardless of any changes made to its goals, strategies, type of work or management structure.
ITIL’s guiding principles form the core messages of the framework, as well as ITSM in general. They are designed to support successful actions and good decisions, and can even help users to adapt ITIL to suit their own circumstances.
Many of ITIL 4’s guiding principles reflect those found in other frameworks, standards and methodologies. These include Lean, Agile, COBIT and DevOps. This allows organizations to easily integrate ITIL 4 into their current service management approach.
These principles are applicable to virtually any initiative or stakeholder group relationship. Most importantly, ITIL’s guiding principles encourage and support organizations in pursuing continual improvement at all levels.
The ITIL 4 Guiding Principles include:
- Focus on value
- Start where you are
- Progress iteratively with feedback
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep it simple and practical
- Optimize and automate
This module will introduce you to ITIL’s Guiding Principles, as well as their purpose, flexibility and relationship with other standards and frameworks.
Module 3: The Four Dimensions of Service Management
The four dimensions of service management offered by ITIL 4 provide a holistic view of the different constraints, resource types and other points of focus which must be considered when designing, managing or operating an organization.
- Organizations and people
- Information and technology
- Partners and suppliers
- Value streams and processes
By approaching any problems and developments from the perspective of each dimension individually, organizations can ensure that their Service Value System (SVS) is both balanced and effective.
This module will provide you with a clear understanding of the four dimensions of service management outlined in the ITIL 4 syllabus, and how they enable a holistic approach to ITSM.
Module 4: Service Value System (SVS)
The ITIL 4 SVS describes the different inputs (opportunity and demand), elements (organizational governance, service management, continual improvement and an organization’s capabilities and resources) and outputs (achievement of organizational objectives and resultant value for the organization and its stakeholders) of effective service management.
The ITIL SVS includes:
- The guiding principles
- Service value chain
- Continual improvement
In this module, you will examine how these factors work together within a system in order to create value for connected organizations, as well as their customers and other stakeholders.
Module 5: The Service Value Chain
The ITIL Service Value Chain (SVC) is a core component of the SVS. IT offers an operating model for creating, delivering and continually improving services. It consists of six activities which can be combined in a number of different ways to create flexible value streams. The SVS can also accommodate different approaches, including DevOps.
This flexibility enables users to adapt services in order to meet changing demands as effectively and efficiently as possible. SVS activities are supported by ITIL practices, creating a highly versatile tool for ITSM.
This module will introduce you to the SVS and how it can be used and adapted to manage different products and services.
Module 6: Practice: Purpose and Key Terms
This module covers the 18 ITIL 4 Practices. Students will learn the purpose and description of activities for each practice, as well as their place in the Service Value Chain.
The 18 ITIL 4 practices include:
- Continual Improvement
- Information Security Management
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity and Performance Management
- Change Control
- Incident Management
- IT Asset Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Problem Management
- Release Management
- Service Configuration Management
- Service Continuity Management
- Service Desk
- Service Level Management
- Service Request Management
- Deployment Management
The syllabus requires that students be able to recall the purpose of each practice. We will go into more detail on the 7 most essential practices in the next module.
Module 7: Understanding the 7 ITIL Practices
The 7 ITIL practices can be used to support multiple service value chain activities. Together, they offer practitioners a versatile yet highly comprehensive toolset for approaching ITSM. They include:
- Chapter 1: Continual Improvement
- Chapter 2: Change Control
- Chapter 3: Incident Management
- Chapter 4: Problem Management
- Chapter 5: Service Request Management
- Chapter 6: The Service Desk
- Chapter 7: Service Level Management
- Quiz & Assignment
This module will provide you with a clear understanding of the 7 ITIL practices, their importance and their relationship the ITIL Service Value Chain.
Practice Exam Simulators
These practice exams are designed to simulate the conditions that students will face when taking the official ITIL 4 Foundation examination. It will be well worth testing your knowledge on ITIL 4 before booking your exam, as it will give you the chance to highlight and revise any modules which you have been struggling with.
When you feel you are ready to sit the ITIL Foundation exam, simply contact us to request your FREE exam voucher.
In order to achieve your ITIL Foundation qualification, you must pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam. You can take the exam online (virtually) using a service provided by PeopleCert.
- This is a multiple-choice 'Objective Test Question' (OTQ) exam consisting of 40 questions
- There is a time limit of 60 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is closed book, with only the provided materials being permitted for use
- The pass mark for the exam is 65%: you must get 26 out of 40 questions correct
- In countries where English is a second language, the time allocated for the exam is extended to 75 minutes
When you have completed this course, you will be ready to start preparing for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam. To support you with this, this eLearning course contains two practice exams that will simulate the conditions of the real thing.
FREE PEOPLECERT exam voucher included as well as mock exams and quizzes concluding each module.
The ITIL course on this page is offered by Good e-Learning, an ATO of AXELOS Limited, ACCREDITED BY PEOPLECERT ON BEHALF OF AXELOS. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.