Delivering valuable solutions, faster, doesn’t involve just engineers developing software. It involves introducing a shared DevOps mindset among all the people who define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven products.
The SAFe® DevOps course helps people in technical, non-technical, and leadership roles optimize their development value stream from end to end. Take this course with the rest of your cross-functional team to map your current value stream from concept to cash. Design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline that’s relevant to your business. And get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
By the end of this course you will know:
- How to incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline.
- How to integrate continuous exploration, integration, and deployment, and release value to end users on demand.
- How to design and implement an actionable DevOps transformation plan tailored to your organization.
- How to evaluate and improve your current state using tools like the DevOps Health Radar and Transformation Canvas.
Learners are required to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts.
- Existing knowledge or experience of working in a SAFe® environment
- Complete the e-learning on Agile basics through the SAFe® community platform – this will be made available in the week running up to your course
- For virtual delivery, learners will require the use of WebEx and the ability to access boards on Miro.com
During this two-day course, you will gain the understanding needed to design a Continuous Delivery Pipeline. A fictional scenario is used to role play some of the standard conversations that are often heard in organisations when looking to imbue a DevOps culture. Throughout the course, the DevOps Health Radar will be used to allow attendees to map out their current challenges. In addition to this, attendees will develop a DevOps Transformation Canvas as the course moves through the 4 aspects of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
You will learn in a collaborative environment, supported by one of QA’s Agile & SAFe® expert coaches and trainers.
Throughout the course, you will explore the following topics:
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Value Stream
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality in with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering business value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
- Practicing SAFe ®
- Exam name: SAFe® 5.1 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® DevOps course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 33 out of 45 (73% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® DevOps Practitioner
- A SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.