Android Developer Workshop
Android Developer Workshop covers the principles of application development for the Android platform.
The course is suitable for developers who want to learn tools needed for effective Android platform application development and who want to use more advanced features of the Android platform.
Participants should have knowledge of OO with Java (or Kotlin) and basic understanding of Java runtime principles. A basic understanding of Android is preferred.
- Android OS and Architecture
- Development overview: Activities, Intents, Services, Broadcast Receivers
- Android versions and licencing
- Android project structure
Android APP GUI Essentials
- Android UI Fundamentals in short: Designer, layouts, resource files, localization
- Activity class, Views, activity lifecycle, managing Activity data
- Fragments, fragment communication, state, lifecycle and transactions
- HTTP, consuming REST/JSON
- Implementing networking with Volley library
Device APIs and Permissions
- System services (e.g. Location, Sensors, Bluetooth, Network)
- Common explicit intents (e.g. Maps, Phone, Browser)
- Android Security and App Permission model
- Granting and managing app permissions
Android System Components Overview
- Intent mechanism, explicit and implicit intents, intent filters
- Services in brief: What and where? - foreground services, bound services, background Jobs
- Broadcast and Broadcast Receivers
The training can be delivered either in Finnish or in English.