Business Process Modeling and Notation BPMN (TM) Descriptive Level
Business Process Modeling (sic) and Notation (BPMN) is a popular process modelling language used by many who work in the process modelling and workflow communities. This course provides an introduction to the language, explaining a basic usage of the language at the so-called Descriptive Level.
The learner will become familiar with the scope of BPMN and be able use the Descriptive Level palette of BPMN to model a business process.
- Introduction to models and modelling business processes.
- Scope of BPMN, alongside other enterprise models.
- Descriptive Level palette.
- BPMN resources.
- Sequence, Selection and Iteration – the building blocks of process modelling.
- Activities and Sequences. Iterative Activities.
- Descriptive Level Events.
- Descriptive Level Gateways.
- Modelling tips. Tokens.
- Lanes, Artefacts and Sub-Process modelling.
- 2 or 3 practical exercises will be included during the day.