Check Point Certified Security Administrator R81.X (CCSA)
Learn basic concepts and develop skills necessary to administer IT security fundamental tasks.
Technical professionals who support, install deploy or administer Check Point products.
• Know how to perform periodic administrator tasks.
• Describe the basic functions of the Gaia operating system.
• Recognize SmartConsole features, functions, and tools.
• Understand how SmartConsole is used by administrators to give
• Learn how Check Point security solutions and products work and
how they protect networks.
• Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point
• Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
• Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
• Understand how to enable the Application Control and URL
• Blades to block access to various applications.
• Describe how to configure manual and automatic NAT.
• Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and
recognize opportunities for performance improvements.
• Describe different Check Point Threat Prevention solutions for
• Articulate how the Intrusion Prevention System is configured,
maintained and tuned.
• Understand the Infinity Threat Prevention system.
• Knowledge about Check Point's IoT Protect.
Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, networking technology, the Internet and TCP/IP.
• Configure the Security Management Server.
• Use the WebUI to run the First Time Wizard.
• Install the Smart Console.
• Install the Alpha Gateway using the network detailed in the course topology.
• Demonstrate how the Security Management Server and Gateway communicate.
• Test SIC Status.
• Create multiple administrators and apply different roles and permissions for simultaneous administration.
• Validate existing licenses for products installed on the network.
• Create and configure host, network and group objects.
• Create a simplified Security Policy.
• Demonstrate how to use Security Zones in policy.
• Demonstrate how to share a layer between Security Polices.
• Configure Network Address Translation for server and network objects.
• Enable Identity Awareness.
• Deploy user access roles for more granular control of the security Policy.
• Generate network Traffic and use traffic visibility tools to monitor the data.
• Use SmartConsole and SmartView