Check Point Certified Security Expert R81.X (CCSE)
Technical professionals who support, install deploy or administer Check Point products.
• Provide an overview of the upgrade service and options available.
• Explain how to perform management upgrade and migration.
• Articulate the process using CPUSE features.
• Articulate the purpose and function of Management High
• Explain Primary vs Secondary, Active vs Standby and
• Explain disaster recovery steps in case the primary management
server becomes unavailable.
• Provide overview of Central Deployment in SmartConsole.
• Articulate an understanding of Security Gateway cluster upgrade
• Explain about Multi Version Cluster (MVC) upgrades.
• Discuss Gaia Commands and how they are used.
• Explain the main processes on s and s.
• Describe how to work with scripts and SmartTasks to configure
• Explain the Management Data Plane Separation (MDPS)
• Explain kernel operations and traffic flow
• Articulate Dynamic and Updatable Objects in Security Gateways
• Explain the policy installation flow and files used.
• Describe the use of policy installation history.
• Explain concurrent and accelerated install policy.
• Describe an overview of APIs and ways to use and authenticate.
• Explain how to make changes in GAIA and management
• Explain how to install policy using API.
• Explain how the SecureXL acceleration technology enhances and
optimizes Security Gateway performance.
• Describe how the CoreXL acceleration technology enhances and
improves Security Gateway performance.
• Articulate how utilizing multiple traffic queues can make traffic
handling more efficient.
• Discuss Site-to-Site VPN basics, deployment and communities.
• Describe how to analyze and interpret VPN tunnel traffic.
• Explain Link Selection and ISP Redundancy options.
• Explain tunnel management features.
• Discuss Check Point Remote Access solutions and how they differ
from each other.
• Describe how client security can be provided by Remote Access .
• Explain authentication methods including machine authentication.
• Explain Multiple Entry Point (MEP).
• Discuss the Mobile Access Software Blade and how it secures
communication and data exchange during remote connections.
• Describe Mobile Access deployment options.
• Discuss various features in Mobile Access like Portals, Link
Translation, running Native Applications, Reverse Proxy and more.
• Explain basic concepts of Clustering and ClusterXL.
• Explain about Cluster Control Protocol (CCP) and synchronization.
• Describe advanced ClusterXL functions and modes like Load Sharing,
Active-Active, VMAC mode etc.
• Discuss Cluster Correction Layer (CCL) to provide connection
• Advanced Logs and Monitoring
• Explain how to determine if the configuration is compliant with the
• Explain how to set action items to meet the compliance.
• Discuss how SmartEvent functions to identify critical security
• Describe the components of SmartEvent and their deployment
• Discuss how SmartEvent can assist in reporting security threats.
• Explain how to customize event definitions and set an Event Policy.
CCSA training and certification with a working knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX, networking technology, the Internet and TCP/IP.
• Upgrade the Security Management Server
• Deploy a Secondary Security Management Server
• Configure a Distributed Log Server
• Upgrade a Security Gateway from SmartConsole
• Work with the Command Line
• Use Scripts and SmartTasks
• Configure Dynamic Objects
• Monitor Traffic
• Verify Policy Installation and Status
• Work with Gaia and Management APIs
• Work with Acceleration Features
• Configure a Locally Managed Site to Site VPN
• Configure a Site to Site VPN with an Interoperable Device
• Configure Remote Access VPN
• Configure Mobile Access VPN
• Configure a High Availability Cluster
• Work with ClusterXL
• Configure Policy Compliance
• Deploy SmartEvent