Microsoft 365 Fundamentals – Deeper Dive
Specially tailored by QA, this two-day variant of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course MS-900 takes a deeper look at the key technologies in the Microsoft 365 suite of products and ensures that the learner is thoroughly prepared for the associated Microsoft 365 exam. In addition to covering the standard course curriculum, covered in more depth over more time, learners will enjoy further demos and Use cases, participate in discussion lead sessions and receive targeted exam hints and tips.This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Audience profileThis course is designed for Business Decision Makers and IT Professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. Job role: Business User, Administrator, App Maker Preparation for exam: MS-900
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
- General knowledge of networking, computing, and cloud concepts
- Principles of cloud computing
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Select a cloud deployment
- Microsoft 365 productivity and teamwork solutions
- Engage employees with Microsoft Stream, Teams, and Yammer
- Get more done with Office across all devices
- File storage and sharing with OneDrive and SharePoint
- Manage your business with Microsoft 365
- Simplify device management with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Get more done and stay secure with Windows 10
- Harness business intelligence with Microsoft 365 analytics and reporting
- Security principles and solution areas
- Identity and access management
- Threat protection
- Cloud security
- Information protection and governance
- Compliance management
- Manage risk, discovery, and audit
- Identify licensing options available in Microsoft 365
- Describe support offerings in Microsoft 365 services
- Describe the service life cycle in Microsoft 365