Monitoring Infrastructures with Cloud Insights
Learn to use NetApp® Cloud Insights to monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize your IT infrastructure in a public cloud. Learn about the features and benefits of Cloud Insights for cloud environments and acquire the foundational knowledge that you need to successfully use Cloud Insights.
A series of lectures and exercises demonstrate how you set up and use Cloud Insights to manage your cloud-deployed IT infrastructure. Learners use a read-only tenant for exercises for viewing preconfigured entities. The instructor demonstrates many administration features to show the write administration capabilities of Cloud Insights.
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
• Describe the benefits of Cloud Insights for hybrid cloud infrastructures and NetApp storage.
• Explain the Cloud Insights architecture.
• Configure data collectors to monitor hybrid cloud assets.
• Use Cloud Insights queries, annotations, and dashboards to manage your hybrid cloud infrastructure.
• Explain the benefits of using Active IQ with Cloud Insights
• Explain how to implement application storage service levels.
• Identify overburdened storage assets, unused and underused storage space.
• Explain how to create a dashboard for monitoring risks.
• Manage operational risks identified by Active IQ
• Describe the benefits of Cloud Insights for Kubernetes environments.
• Describe how to install and configure a Kubernetes Operator to send cluster information to Cloud Insights
• Explain how to configure Cloud Insights for Kubernetes environments.
• Use Cloud Insights to troubleshoot hybrid cloud performance issues.
• Learn the processes to transition a NetApp OnCommand Insight environment to a Cloud Insights environment.
Learners should have extensive knowledge of the cloud IT environment and how to manage the systems that the cloud environment contains.
The Cloud Insights Fundamentals elearning ;class should also be attended. This is available free of charge via the NetApp Learning Center. ; Please contact us via the link below if further support is required..
Module 1 - Introduction
- Introduction to Cloud Insights
- Cloud Insights subscription editions
- Cloud Insights architecture
Exercise - Creating and logging in to an account
Module 2 - Configuring Cloud Insights
- Installing data Acquisition Units on Windows and Linux
- Cloud Insights data collection overview
- Installing data agents on the hosts
- Configuring infrastructure data collectors
- Demonstrating how to install operating system agents on Linux and Windows servers
- Installing operating system agents on Linux and Windows servers (for administration roles)
- Installing the Netstat data collector
- Deploying a Windows Acquisition Unit demonstration video
- Deploying a Linux Acquisition Unit demonstration video
- Installing a NetApp ONTAP data collector on an ONTAP cluster
Module 3 - Managing the Hybrid Cloud
- Visualizing Azure storage with Cloud Insights
- Visualizing on-premises storage with Cloud Insights
- Hybrid cloud dashboards
- Using hybrid cloud dashboards
Exercises - Managing the hybrid cloud infrastructure
Module 4 - Querying, annotating, and monitoring
- Working with queries
- Working with annotations
- Monitoring and alerts
- Using queries, annotations, and annotation rules
- Exploring cloud queries and asset pages
Module 5 - Workload Security and Active IQ
- Configure NetApp Workload Security
- Collect data from SVMs and User directories
- Configure security alerts
- Investigate forensic data and audit user activity
- Execute Workload security API calls
- Use swagger interface and documentation
- Configure automated response policies
- Workload Security alerts and Active IQ
- Active IQ risk assessment
- Forensic data auditing
- Explore the Workload Security API
- Configure workload security and collect data
- Manage alerts and automated responses
- Analyzing Forensic reports
Module 6 - Optimising Cloud Insights
- Configure service levels by using annotations
- Monitor alerts for NetApp storage
- Optimized dashboards
- Cloud Insights and Active IQ integration
- Using business entity annotations
- Defining an application with a resource
- Effectively using expert view charts
- Managing Active IQ identified risks
Module 7 - Subscriptions and User Roles
- Subscribing to Cloud Insights
- Cloud Insights accounts
Exercises - Identifying NetApp subscriptions and user roles
Module 8 - Managing Kubernetes
- Review Kubernetes
- Overview of Cloud Insights for Kubernetes
- Cloud Insights Kubernetes Explorer dashboard
- Full stack visualization
- Node, pod, and workload status
- Installing Kubernetes Operator for Cloud Insights (for reference only) ;
- Exploring Kubernetes with Cloud Insights
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes
Appendix 1 - OnCommand Insight to Cloud Insights migration
- Explain the process of NetApp OnCommand Insight to Cloud Insights migration
- Define how Cloud Insights is fully migrated from an OnCommand Insight environment
- Describe how this process provides no data loss from the reporting