ONTAP SAN Implementation 9.8
In this course, you learn the installation process for NetApp® ONTAP® 9 data management software for a SAN environment.
The course provides information about block-level protocols, including FC, FCoE, NVMe, and iSCSI, on Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, and VMware ESXi host operating systems. The learning is reinforced through hands-on guided exercises.
The course materials include a workbook that serves as an on-the-job reference guide.
• ;Examine FC switch fabric, LUN masking, and zoning
• ;Create and configure storage VMs (storage virtual machines, also known as SVMs) to use FC and iSCSI protocols
• ;Configure Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and ONTAP systems for iSCSI connectivity
• ;Configure Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and ONTAP systems for FC connectivity
• ;Create and access a LUN from a Windows Server and a Red Hat Enterprise Linux server
• ;Certification as a NetApp Data Management Administrator
• ;Working knowledge of ONTAP 9 software and storage area networking
• ;Completion of the following courses:
- ;ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals
- ;ONTAP SAN Fundamentals
- ;ONTAP Cluster Administration